Saturday, December 19, 2009

a GIRL?!?

Yep, it's official. It's a girl. Mike and I were both surprised. I was relieved, as I think all along I wanted a girl. I've been around 50,000 baby girls and only 1 tiny-baby boy. The intimidation factor of a baby boy was too much for me. On the other hand, the intimidation factor of a little girl, let alone tween girl, is TOO MUCH for me right now. Baby girl? I can handle it. Little girl? Um, check back with me, okay?

Part of the problem is that I've never related to all of those girly-type things. I had Barbies, sure, and dolls. My favorite thing to do? Hike around my neighborhood with Meg, or play in the creek at Marisa's house. Sports? Loved 'em. Especially soccer. I was a definite tomboy. Heck, I was the designated boy in my family. I was given the boy-haircut. Katie, of course, had long curly beautiful girl-hair.

Exhibit A:

Me:

There is really no argument here, is there?

Oh, and when I put on makeup, I still look like this:

My little girl sees my handiwork, she's running for the hills. Good luck, sweet thing. You're gonna need it. I think your Aunt Katie can show you about mascara.

No comments: