Right this second, I'm sitting with my tummy 4 inches from the computer desk. Why? Because the couch is cramming my computer chair into the desk. To exit, I have to angle the computer chair towards the front door enough to slide my right leg out. Then, I have to stand on my freed right leg enough to pull out my left leg. It's like taking off a pair of technology pants. Why is the couch crammed so far down the wall as to prohibit a graceful computer-desk exit? So we can be festive, of course! This weekend we're going to cram another item into this pint-sized condo: a Christmas tree!
At best, we figure we can grab a skinny, 5-foot tree and cram it between the couch and the bookshelves. But the people who have seen my condo (read: Mom and Katie) might wonder... aren't there two huge bikes there? Yes, there are. These bikes are the bane of my existence. Especially, I mean ESPECIALLY in the winter, when we don't/can't/won't use them. We may put the bikes up in the guest bedroom. If you've seen this bedroom, you'd know about the only place we could stick them is between the bed and the dressers, which would prevent Mike from changing underwear until the New Year. So we have a problem.
A friend suggested that we wall-mount the bikes like this. Which makes me ask, is this a home or a dorm room? Can you think of anything more stressing-to-the-eye than looking at bikes on the wall? Plus, we'd have to take down our homage to ourselves, also known as blown-up travel photos. I really like to look at those pictures. Here are two that we have all blowed-up on our wall:
At best, we figure we can grab a skinny, 5-foot tree and cram it between the couch and the bookshelves. But the people who have seen my condo (read: Mom and Katie) might wonder... aren't there two huge bikes there? Yes, there are. These bikes are the bane of my existence. Especially, I mean ESPECIALLY in the winter, when we don't/can't/won't use them. We may put the bikes up in the guest bedroom. If you've seen this bedroom, you'd know about the only place we could stick them is between the bed and the dressers, which would prevent Mike from changing underwear until the New Year. So we have a problem.
A friend suggested that we wall-mount the bikes like this. Which makes me ask, is this a home or a dorm room? Can you think of anything more stressing-to-the-eye than looking at bikes on the wall? Plus, we'd have to take down our homage to ourselves, also known as blown-up travel photos. I really like to look at those pictures. Here are two that we have all blowed-up on our wall:
I can't remember if I actually used to look like that, or if it's just photoshopped.
I think our trip to IKEA for bedroom furniture will somehow reveal a way that we can make all our stuff fit into this tiny space. If not, I may go a little crazy.
Do you know what I would have to do right now to give Annie more food? I'd have to scoot the vacuum-sealer out of the way, move the deer-processing camo bag, lift up the big skillet, and scoop her food out of the bin. This is all after exiting the technology pants, of course. Each step chips away at my sanity like each drop of water in the Chinese Water Torture Treatment. Daily.
Drip, drip, drip, drip, drip, drip...
1 comment:
I feel your pain. It sounds like we may have a little more room than you do, but we also have 2 additional people and all their various belongings.
We are going to put the tree up today. It's one of the 4-foot trees that once graced the grand entryway of our giant GA home. Now it's the only thing that will fit in our tiny living room ... aaand it will sit on the end table next to the couch. We dont' have the floor space and even if we did, the kids (Bob included) would never leave it alone.
Post a Comment