You may or may not know that I have been trying to lose weight for a long time. A very long time. About 2 years at this point. I have employed a personal trainer, governed my own workouts, and restricted calories to a ridiculous point. I have lost no weight.
Also, I have "lady issues" which I won't go into here. I've seen three doctors, only one of which helped me (Thanks, Natalie!). She gave me a full work-up and referred me to an endocrinologist. Ah, a fourth doctor. I met with him on Friday.
The news could have been worse, for sure, but not much worse for me. The news? My body has stopped breaking down fat for energy. (At least this is his hypothesis, lab work will tell him for sure.) My prescription? Atkins diet.
I'll let that sink in a minute.
ATKINS DIET. Atkins for the girl that bakes her own bread. Atkins for the girl who loves pasta. Atkins for the girl who loves burrito places. ATKINS FOR THE GIRL WHO THREW CARBOHYDRATES AT HER WEDDING. 

Hopefully, the lab work will somehow come back and say that I need to UP my carb intake... hopefully... stay tuned.
2 comments:
that's really sucky news, but at least they are making some progress.
your blog post and pics made me laugh though!
http://www.endocrineweb.com/diabetes/treatment.html
Join the club.
You may find the above site interesting.
Meanwhile, you can still bake and just send to Hal. lol
Post a Comment