Over the weekend, the husband and I traveled to the beach to meet up with college friends at a beach house. Liza slept in our room, of course, in her bassinet. It was just like old times, when she came home from the hospital and stayed all night long with Mommy and Daddy. Except she wasn't used to Daddy's snoring anymore and kept waking up.
First, some background info: she'd developed this fun new skill a few weeks ago which woke us up several nights in a row. She'll tuck her legs in, curl up, and then WHAM! Extend her legs straight out and hit them as hard as she can on the mattress. So all we hear in our room is crinkle-crinkle-crinkle-WHAM! Crinkle-crinkle-crinkle-WHAM! Which is, of course, EXACTLY THE THRASHING SOUNDS SHE WOULD MAKE IF SHE WERE PINNED AND COULDN'T BREATHE. So I hop up and run in her room. She looks up at me smiling and kicking with excitement. She can't wait to show me her new fun trick! So this went on for a few nights. Fast forward to the beach...
I hear crinkle-crinkle-crinkle-WHAM! So I know where this is going, but this time I don't have to let her know that I'm awake, I can just peek in over her in the dark. She doesn't notice Mommy, but I notice something strange... A green flashing light. So I assume it's a smoke detector in the dark, but hey! There it is again! As it turns out, Liza's pjs create static electricity with her new found move and flash and light up. It's BRIGHT. I could see the glow over the edge of the bassinet and had to take a closer look. She saw me, but didn't stop the light show, which she went immediately back to watching. As I tried to replace her paci, she turned her head and sparks flew from her paci across her cheek. She was QUITE electric.
Who's baby makes sparks in the dark? This girl's.
And yes, I'm going to make every effort to catch it on film.
1 comment:
hee hee heeeee!!! I need to meet this electric baby. I miss y'all!
Post a Comment