Thursday, August 7, 2008

Garden Update

So far this year, I have harvested:

32 Cayenne Peppers
7 Habanero Peppers
5 Cucumber
1 Yellow Squash
2 Zucchini
40 Tomatoes

My squash plant has died. It was never meant to be contained in a 5-gallon bucket. Mike and I gave it a shot anyway. My zucchini isn't looking so hot, but I have one small zucchini growing now. The cucumbers are a hit for me! I've only harvested 5, but there are another 5 on the vine, with tons of little cucumber starts all over. I'm definitely growing these again. The bush hybrid is growing very well in my container, and couldn't be easier to manage. The heat is getting to it a little bit (we hit 101 here yesterday!) but overall the plant is healthy. I foresee many more tomatoes through the fall. I've only harvested 7 Habaneros, but there are over 10 orange peppers on the plant right now. I'm just scared to touch them. There you have it.

No comments: