I'm sorry, faithful readers! (Read: Mom and Katie)
It's been months since I last life-updated, so here goes, a new blog entry for the world!
I've been working like a Big-Girl for 3 months now. The easy days, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, are just that--easy. My long days, Tuesday and Thursday, are hard to handle. I teach from 11:00-4:45. That's 4 classes in a row. My voice is toast by 3:30, when my last class starts. I try to sip water through the day, but it doesn't help too much. Instead, it makes me waste my precious moments between class in the ladies room. It's hard to be "on" that long. I'm essentially a performer, with a 30-person audience (that is taking notes, mind you) to entertain/inform. I found out quickly that if I was bored, they were more so. If I was energetic, they were too. So I pour it on, which is easy in my first two classes, a little forced in my third, and a pitiful showing in my fourth class.
Another unintended consequence of teaching 4 in-a-row is that I have to eat lunch at 10:30 in the morning. By 4:45, when I turn off the overhead projector, I'm ready to chew my arm off. I can't, of course, because I need it to steer home on my 45-minute commute. Maybe I could do with just one arm...
I'm feeling productive, energized, and domestic tonight, which makes sense, because today was an easy day. I made grilled chicken sandwiches, on whole-wheat buns, of course, with a side of bok choy salad--one of my favorites. Dinner was great, the kitchen is clean, and I acutally sat down to blog! On my long days, I'm lucky if I move after dinner. Mike cooks for me some nights; some nights I suck it up and put something together. We crash on the couch and watch a movie, and then I'm in bed at 10:00 at the latest.
Tomorrow is a long day... Wish me luck!
Before I complain too much, I do understand that in a month I'll be off for close to 4 weeks. Ahh, that makes it all worth it!
1 comment:
Glad you updated your blog! Please don't chew off your arm. Besides being difficult to drive, you would probably walk lopsided.
Post a Comment