
It's a Sweet Bay Tree. Yes, it's the kind of tree that one would harvest bay leaves from.
The above picture is how I acquired the plant. I bought it here. Except I drove there to get it. The cost of the tree was $14.95, which is less than they charge through the site, with no shipping of course. I'm getting ready to trim it up, because they can withstand "ornamental shaping." I've never ornamentally shaped, so it's my experiment.
It will live here:

This is a planter that my mother-in-law bought Mike and I for our third anniversary. Yes, my mother-in-law is fancier than yours. She showed up a few weeks ago with blue Birkenstocks for me, the mary-jane cut. They didn't fit her, so she gave them to me. FANCY!
Beyond the aforementioned plant, I also purchased seed for the '09 gardening season. I'm very very very very very very excited to start my seed. I will try to wait another 10 days, per the almanac/google/weather.com advice.
I bought Park's Whopper Tomato Seed, Baby Bok Choy Seed, Giant Thai Hot Pepper Seed, and Bell Pepper Seed from Park's.
I bought Squash and Zucchini from Burpee's. I had to order it there, because I couldn't find any bush-hybrid plants from Parks. Since I'm growing all the plants in containers, I can't do the traditional squash/zucchini.
By the by, if you'd like a plant from my seed, let me know and I can start one for you. Also, I'm growing German Queen and Rainbow heirloom tomatoes, so I can send you seed, or you can have a plant if you'd like. Free delivery if I'm heading your way.
No comments:
Post a Comment