One would think that given my success over the past 6 weeks that I would continue down the carb-less path to skinny. Well I'm over it. O-V-E-R I-T.
I made it six weeks, which is sure longer than I thought I would make it. My new strategy for weight loss/fitness is to eat better and exercise. I did this before, yes, but I miss carbs. So there.
My clothes are fitting better. I'm not down a size or anything, because to be down a size, I would have had to purchase clothes at my larger size. Instead, I opted for the tug-this-here and stretch-this-before-wearing options with my old wardrobe. I am smaller, though, and that's the whole point, isn't it? My jeans, and their formerly tested seams, are grateful.
I'm back to training my knees in anticipation of the Colorado trip this summer. We're heading back out west with college friends, this time to Rocky Mountain National Park. When we went to Grand Teton National Park, I did not know my knees were as terrible as they proved to be. After 4 days, I was done, done, DONE. Poor Mike. You would have thought that I ruined his life the way he pouted around. I couldn't hike to the bath house, and he wanted me to "try to make it 4 miles"... Ah, marriage. To prevent future catastrophe, we're training my knees. How, you might ask? By packing a book bag full of text books and marching about Greenville, SC. The goal is 3-4 miles per day with 25lbs-ish of weight on my knees. I look as silly as it sounds. Actually, it looks like Mike is forcing me to carry a very heavy bag while he walks around with Annie. You know, to the outsider, it's a pretty accurate picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment