I forget things. A lot. On Tuesday, I went shopping at the Publix up the street. I was buying things for Falafel and also some Cheerios, of course. I had 10 items, so I hopped in the 10-item or less lane. I wait. I wait. Finally, it's my turn! I'm explaining about my Chico bags and taking them out of my purse when I realize that MY WALLET ISN'T IN MY PURSE. I picture my wallet, sitting on my desk at home. I panic. I take myself out of line. I'm debating putting everything back. All I have is a checkbook, with no i.d., so they won't take a check.
Enter our hero, stage left: "I'll buy your stuff. No problem. How much did you spend here, $20 bucks?"
Me: "I couldn't possibly let you do that. Hey, would you take a check?"
Hero: "Sure, that's fine. I think I can trust you."
Me: "You can! What's your name?"
Hero: "Dan Wagner"
Me: "Well, thanks, Dan Wagner! You won't be disappointed!!"
And that's the story of Dan Wagner, who trusted a disheveled girl in Publix and allowed me to have the Cheerios I'm eating right now.
1 comment:
Don't you just love "Dan Wagners"! Sometimes I get down reading the news and thinking about all the crazies in this world, but then I read a story like this or meet a few Dan Wagners myself and I realize how many really nice and great people there are. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment